Alkiviadis C. VatopoulosProfessor in Public Health Microbiology, School of Public Health, University of West Attica
- Medical (qualifying) Degree, University of Athens Medical School, 1978.
- Doctoral Degree, University of Athens Medical School 1979.
- State Accredified Specialist in Microbiology, 1985.
- Postgraduate training (British council fellowship) at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (MSc course in Medical Microbiology) 19851986.
- Physician specialising in Microbiology, Depts of Microbiology, Immunology, Haematology, Biochemistry, Evangelismos General Hospital Athens, Greece, 19811985.
- Accredified Specialist in Microbiology, Dept of Microbiology, Hippocration General Hospital Athens, Greece 19861991.
- Lecturer, Dept of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Athens University, Medical School, 1991 1995
- Assist. Professor, Dept of Hygiene & Epidemiology, Athens University, Medical School, 1995 -02
- Assoc. Professor, Dept of Hygiene & Epidemiology, Athens University, Medical School, 2002–03.
- Professor of Microbiology, National School of Public Health. Athens Greece 2003 – 2019
- Scientific Director, Central Public Health Laboratory 2009 –2018
- Professor of Microbiology, School of Public Health, University of West Attica 2019-today
Main scientific interests:
- Public Health Microbiology.
- Hospital acquired Infections.
- The study of the epidemiology and molecular biology of antibiotic resistance. (Coordination of the Hellenic System for the Surveillance of Antibiotic Resistance (www.mednet.gr/whonet)
Publications: more than 130 in international peer reviewed journals