Meet our RGC 2023 speakers
Governor of Epirus
Mrs Alexandros Kachrimanis was born in Ioannina in 1956, where he finished Kaplaneio Primary School and Zwsimaia High School in Ioannina. He is Mechanical – Electrical Engineer of Metsovio National Polytechnic University and he has been working professionally in Ioannina since 1982, where he maintains technical office. He is married with Eleni Kassaros and they have three children. His action in self government is particularly wealthy, as soon as:
- He was elected for first time like municipal counsilor in Metsovo Municipality in 1983
- Since 1986 and for four years he served as President of the Municipal Council in Metsovo Municipality
- From 1990 until 2002 he has served as a member of the Steering Committee of the local union of Municipalities and Communities at the Region of Ioannina and as Secretary from 1999 to 2002
- From 1991 to 5 April 2002 he serves as Mayor of Metsovo for 12 years
- In self government elections in 2002 he was elected as Prefect of Ioannina and he was reelected in 2006
- In self government elections in 2010 he was elected like first President of the Region of Epirus
- In May 2014 he was re elected for five years As a member of the Administration of the Engineers Association in Ioannina has a wealthy trade union action and then as a member of the Hellenic Association of Qualified Engineers and Constructors for public work.
On his whole path he worked hard and he promoted effectively a series of important projects and infrastructure for the development on his area to improve the quality of citizen’s life contribute for the distinction of the cultural inheritance and the protection of the natural environment.
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up and keep up to date with the latest news & articles of the conference.